Wednesday 16 October 2013

Why?

Moving from London to Amsterdam

Why?

Ash, my husband, was offered an amazing job opportunity in July 2013. As a family, we had a choice. I could remain in London with our three children and Ash could return from Amsterdam at weekends, or we could all move to Amsterdam. Ash was offered some relocation funds which would help with our move. 

So we made a tough decision to move. A tough decision for me as I'd invested a lot of time and effort in my fledgling business, Teeny Tiny yoga (www.teenytinyyoga.com). I loved my business, it was running yoga classes for mums and babies and toddlers and I was about to teach children too. My reputation had grown and I was offered new contracts in some big community centres. 

However, I was also just about to reach 40, my oldest child had just turned 7 and this could be the last chance as a family to do something 'different'. The trajectory we were on, living in North London, was a happy and comfortable one, but living in Amsterdam offered new adventures. 

So we would leave behind our lovely house and garden in north London and find a new home in Amsterdam in October 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment