Sunday 30 March 2014

Play Areas with More Relaxed Safety Standards

Frankendael park

I went to meet some friends in a park today. It was a park that we'd never been to before. We arranged to meet in the playground. Just as I spotted my friends, my 2 year old ran onto a bridge in the playground. I greeted my friend and that's when I realised my toddler had completly vanished.



We entered the park through this gate as shown in the photo above. I thought if there was a gate like this, then the playground would be enclosed. Can you see the bridge in the background in the photo above? Well, the bridge leads down some stairs and out of the playground to an open field.

It took half an hour to find my toddler. What is the point of enclosing a play area with gates, when they can run out into a field???


Amstel Bos

Then there's this beauty. It looks very attractive and is a lovely idea. A ship wreck for the kids to play on. Only, the back end of it is actually in water. Quite deep water...WTF!!!



Our Local Playground, off Van Boshuizenstraat

It may be difficult to spot, but behind the digger is a children's playground. Up until a few days ago, where the digger is now was a skateboard crater. Last week 15 teenagers were using it as part of a lesson to learn BMX-ing. 

The most amazing thing is, that despite being IN A CHILDREN'S PLAY AREA, there is NO FENCE around the heavy machinery or rubble. I have no words.


No comments:

Post a Comment